These are some generic tips for addressing problems during an upgrade or installation.
cache/addon.php so that the plugin and theme mapping rebuilds itself on the next page load.
$Configuration['Debug'] = true; in your
conf/config.php to reveal full error messages. Remember to remove it when you are done.
- Clear your browser cache and cookies, then restart your browser.
- Clear the entire contents of the
- Vanilla cannot be reinstalled while the
$Configuration['Garden']['Installed'] = true; line is in your config. To restart installation from scratch, you can delete the
conf/config.php entirely and drop all tables from the database, then begin the installation process again.
- Revert to the default theme. You can do this manually in
conf/config.php by setting the
$Configuration['Garden']['Theme'] value to
- Disable plugins. If you cannot get to your Dashboard, you can manually delete lines containing
conf/config.php but do not remove HTMLawed’s line.
- Try running
/utility/update again (see upgrade instructions).
- Verify your permissions and default role settings are correct for every role.
- Start a new discussion on the open source community with your version number, the exact error message you got, and what you were doing when you got it.
We believe that online communities should be intuitive, engaging and true to your brand. Vanilla allows you to create a customized community that rewards positive participation, automatically curates content and lets members drive moderation.
Learn More …