These are some generic tips for addressing problems during an upgrade.
$Configuration['Debug'] = TRUE; in your
conf/config.php to reveal full error messages. Remember to remove it when you are done.
- Clear your browser cache and cookies, then restart your browser.
- Clear *.ini files from the
- Revert to the default theme. You can do this manually in
conf/config.php by setting the
$Configuration['Garden']['Theme'] value to
- Disable plugins. If you cannot get to your Dashboard, you can manually delete lines containing
conf/config.php but do not remove HTMLawed’s line.
- Try running
/utility/update again (see upgrade instructions).
- Verify your permissions and default role settings are correct for every role.
- Start a new discussion on this site with your version number (likely 2.2 if you’re reading this), the exact error message you got, and what you were doing when you got it.
We believe that online communities should be intuitive, engaging and true to your brand. Vanilla allows you to create a customized community that rewards positive participation, automatically curates content and lets members drive moderation.
Learn More …