Linked In social sign in allows users to sign in using their LinkedIn account. You must register your application with LinkedIn for this addon to work.
How to Set up LinkedIn Social Sign in
- Go to the LinkedIn Developer Network at https://www.linkedin.com/secure/developer/
- Click Add New Application. When you create the application, you can choose what to enter in most fields, but you have to make sure you enter specific information for some fields.
- Under Website URL enter your forum’s root url.
- Under Default Scope make sure you’ve selected at least r_basicprofile and r_emailaddress.
- Set the OAuth 2.0 Redirect URLs by appending both
/profile/linkedinconnect to the end of your forum’s URL. (If your forum is at
example.com/forum, your Redirect URLs would be
- Once your application has been set up, you must copy the Client ID and Client Secret into your LinkedIn plugin settings page from your Vanilla dashboard.
We believe that online communities should be intuitive, engaging and true to your brand. Vanilla allows you to create a customized community that rewards positive participation, automatically curates content and lets members drive moderation.
Learn More …