You can choose between sending plaintext or HTML emails. The difference is that HTML emails can include colors, images and other styling while plaintext emails are, well, plain text.
HTML emails can be enabled or disabled from the dashboard by navigating to the ‘Email’ link in the panel. From there, you can also send test emails and configure HTML emails.
You can customize the way your forum’s HTML emails look by navigating the ‘Email’ link in the dashboard’s panel. If HTML emails are enabled, you can add or remove an email logo and customize an email’s colors.
Configurable HTML Email Settings
Here are the configurable settings for HTML emails. From the settings page, you can preview the colors of your email before saving.
- Logo: This image will appear at the top of most emails that get sent from your forum. The max size of your email logo is 400px by 300px. Uploaded images larger than this will be scaled down to fit in these proportions.
- Text Color: The default text color of headings and body.
- Background Color: The background color of the email.
- Page Color: The color of the foreground container of the email.
- Button Text Color: The text color of the button. Note that depending on its content, an email may not contain a button.
- Button Background Color: The background color of the button. Note that depending on its content, an email may not contain a button.
We believe that online communities should be intuitive, engaging and true to your brand. Vanilla allows you to create a customized community that rewards positive participation, automatically curates content and lets members drive moderation.
Learn More …